Christian's Latest Blog Entry

Sunday, February 3, 2008

XUXAMANIA.

Posted Date: Feb 3 - 4:23 PM
I cannot remember when it started, but since childhood, I always liked the philosophy of the POLYMATHS. Since then, I decicated myself and my younger siblings to practive polymath. When I was in elementary, one of my favorite books was POLYMATH by John Brunner. But my fascination came with this type of thinking around the start of 2nd or 3rd grade. I discovered about the book polymath around the 5th or 6th grade. That book is hard to find. Anywho, its about a guy who is knowledge in many different areas. He happens to be in a spaceship crew that crashlands in an unknown planet. So the the others look unto him for survival and guidance. But he has a secret. I won't say more. Its an OK book. Better than ok. I don't want to ruin the surprise. So I began to learn stuff out of school. So one day, I noticed the animals have there normal names (ex. Wolf - Canis Lupus) and the scientific one. Began studying some greek....wait a sec. Soooo.. to cut to the chase, XUXA means duck in Greek. I just happened to study a little bit of greek, since we get some of our words from them. Its helpful when taking test. So thats why I put XUXAMANIA for this month's profile name. Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi everybody!!!

free counters ????????????????????????????????????????????????? [URL=http://s06.flagcounter.com/more/J5yo][IMG]http://s06.flagcounter.com/count/J5yo/bg=FFFF24/txt=000000/border=CC0210/columns=5/maxflags=50/viewers=0/labels=1/pageviews=1/[/IMG][/URL]